Friday, June 11, 2010

Baking is FUN

Let me preface this post......I love to bake. I don't like eating what I bake, just the baking process. Not that my baking tastes bad, but if I ate everything I baked it would be TROUBLE. Since you can never make a batch of one, the rest is always given away.

Now let me introduce you to Funfetti. Funfetti, meet Blog Reader. Blog Reader, meet Funfetti. This Pillsbury creation that has become more of an obession. I don't typically cook "out of the box", but this is an exception. An Exceptional Exception!! Thanks to my friend Renee and her sister Richelle I learned how to make Funfetti Truffles. The recipe below...
  1. Take one (1) box of Funfetti cake mix and pour contents in bowl.
  2. Take one (1) containter of Funfetti frosting and scoop into bowl.
  3. Mix cake mix and frosting together. After completely mixed, using hands roll mixture into individual balls about an 3/4 inch in diamiter.
  4. In a double broiler melt colored chocolate chips. Wilton makes the best for this!
  5. Cover a cookie sheet with foil or wax paper.
  6. Individually dip each Funfetti mix into melted chocolcate so that it is completely covered.
  7. Place ball onto covered cookie sheet and let cool.
And THAT's it!!!!

My little sister Hannah has an *addiction* to Funfetti, thus she was just the person I appointed to assist me in this baking endevor.
The goodies went with Hannah to work the next day. ;)

No comments: