Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This month the color pink means so much more. Maybe for those who don't like pink this month it actually means something, but for us at Ashley Gain, the color is a whole lot grander in the month of October.

Over the past few days the color pink has reminded me of some thing I am truly grateful for: I have never had a loved one have to fight breast cancer.

Over the next few weeks, when you see the color pink, just stop and think about how one color is doing a whole lot of good. *hopeful*

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I wanted to share a few *pink* things that when purchased go back to helping women fight and beat breast cancer.

  • I love Sprinkles Cupcakes, I loved them before they were popular with one little shop in Cali....I might just be a trendsetter! Well, the Cupcake Queen is taking a stand. They will be donating 100% of all Pink Ribbon cupcake sales!
  • The WORLD famous Brides magazine got 21 of the top wedding dress designers to create a pink wedding gown! This month's issue, released tomorrow, will reveal each single dress that is going to help fight this life-changing disease. From Vera Wang, to Carolina Herrera the designers involved these dresses will be one in a million.
  • Kitchenaid's Cook for a Cure donates $50 for each and every pink purchase made in the month of October! I am a proud owner of this pink mixer!!!! I got it for my bridal shower before I got married. *hint hint* Maybe you should add one to yours too??
  • My favorite make-up brushes are made by Sephora and wouldn't you know they have a set for breast cancer awareness month! For each set that is purchased $1 goes back to the fight against cancer.
  • Get your nails did! OPI is donating $25,000 to Susan G Komen in 2010 in the fight against breast cancer. They also have a special edition nail polish called Pink of Hearts on sale during the month of October. Perfect Color for your bridesmaid's toes?? We say YES!
  • Save the Ta-Tas is donating 25% of their overall proceeds each and everyday to go towards breast cancer research. I personally love their shirts, VERY clever.

No comments: