Monday, December 20, 2010

Most Wonderful Time of Year

It's truly my favorite time of year.

In the month of December you get to see your loved ones. You get an excuse to eat bad, not go to the gym, watch ELF 50 times, buy gifts for the people you love and most importantly your calendar is full of parties to throw and attend!

Part of me and my husband's Christmas traditions is to invite all of our friends to our home for a holiday celebration.

This year was probably one of my favorites. I don't know if was because there were so many new faces or that we literally put the party together in 4 hours {we got off a plane from Oklahoma only 3 hours before the party started!} and any "planning" I did went out the window.

Our holiday party is what makes our house a home. I am always the happiest when I have guests. I love making people feel special, loved and a part of my life.

The people that surround me, make me.....well me. Some make me laugh, others make me feel confident, some make me feel so loved. I am SO blessed....I have the best peeps in the world.

A new fun addition to the party was my Snack Bar. Each guest got to fill a little container with their choice of snacks. AND the best part....I could make them to-go boxes too!!! A great way to get rid of the yummy bad food in our house.

{A for Ashley & B for Brad ornaments on our tree}

{Fill em up! Guests carried them around the party & took snacks to-go}
{My favorite part of the snack bar: No Cooking Required!}
{Chocolate dipped pretzels....my go-to snack}
{Santa would be jealous of how yummy these cookies were}
{I swear you can become addicted to peppermint. Because I can't stop eating this stuff!}
{Before anyone started to eat....looked so pretty}
Thank you to our friends and family that came!!! We LOVE you all so much! You make our seasons BRIGHT.

6 comments:

Teri B. said...

a snack bar - what a cute idea! i'm sure it was a fabulous party. happy holidays to you and your family. teri

Rachel + Mikis said...

How stinking cute is this! Love the whole set-up, and of course wouldn't expect anything less than fabulous from you. Hope your party was perfection. xo

Ashley Gain said...

Thanks Teri!!! :) It was cute, but truthfully I still LOVE how you did your wine night! Such an adorable set-up!

AWE! Rachel + Mikis~ Thank you so much for your sweet comment!!!! :) I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

great job ash!

Unknown said...

You have such amazing ideas! I wish I was creative enough to copy them all! :D Oh and I love the fact that it is "snowing" on your page.

Anonymous said...

Love the concept. Where did you make those cute little tags for the snacks?