Monday, January 3, 2011

being brave

My gold sequence dress reflected dancing dots of light all over my husband's black suit. A glass of champagne in one hand and his hand in the other, it was our 4th New Years Eve.

Under a tent on the top of a building overlooking Sunset Boulevard a clock was counting down the few seconds left of 2010 right in front of us. I couldn't help but just stare as the time disappeared, how quickly it went 5....4.....3......2.......1.....poppers popped, confetti fell from the sky, horns honked on the busy road below. Complete with a kiss at midnight......just like that 2011 had arrived.

The year flew by, way too fast. Each moment now a memory.

Where did the year go? I started thinking about the things that defined this year...... our 2nd wedding anniversary, friends who had welcomed their beautiful babies into the world, healing after a difficult knee surgery, watching my family heal after the tragic death of a very young family member, my husband getting an amazing new job........so many defining moments.

I have a journal that each year I write out my goals for the year. Sometimes as I write I get a little scared, scared that my goals and dreams are too big. Scared of failing, scared of not achieving all I have set out for myself.

Needless to say, I always write them each down, one by one. Because, you see, I believe in faith.

I believe in taking my future seriously and knowing good things lie ahead. I believe in taking risks in order to make my dreams come true. I believe in my dreams, I believe that I will achieve all of my dreams.......I fight my fear, because it doesn't want me to believe.

You see, two years ago on New Years Day I wrote down that I wanted to start my own company. As I wrote a little voice deep inside of me told me I was crazy but I kept writing, even though I was scared.

What if my fear had won?

What fear will you fight this year?

Happy New Years to a fearless you. *bravery*

No comments: