Thursday, April 21, 2011

Friendly Inspiration

in·spire (n-spr)
v. in·spired, in·spir·ing, in·spires
1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.

What inspires you? It's a common question that I get asked all the time about my wedding designs!

The majority of my inspiration comes from home decor. The colors of paint, the textures of wall paper, a painting, a couch, a set of dishes or even a bed spread.

Behind each inspirational piece someone has been paid lots of money to perfect the aesthetics of what you see. Before it lands on a shelf in a store or on the cover of a home decor magazine it has been designed and redesigned and redesigned to perfection!

I am often inspired by people that surround me in my own life. Every once in a while I meet someone that not only inspires me because of the person they are but by their craft.

Meet Britany. Beautiful, talented, strong Britany.

Britany is an interior designer AND a photographer! Her design in decor for her own home landed her in a competition. Below are some amazing pictures from her design, which should absolutely win because it is too cute and beautiful.


I love the elements of grey, black and hints of fuchsia! SEE! Doesn't this inspire you?? Just think of a wedding when you see this and how it can come to life!

If you love the design and find Miss. Britany as inspiring as much as I do you should vote for her!
"Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

No comments: