Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Barbie Girl in a Bridal World

"I'm humbled by the thought that we could have so much influence, and yet I know we did. ~ Ruth Handler, Past President of Mattel Inc, and Founder of Barbie

By now the secret is out, from the hair on my head to the depths of my heart I am a girly girl through and through. I would wear Tony Bowls, Sherri Hill and Christian Loubtin 4 inch heals every single day if I could {instert my husband's laugh here}.

Sooooooo, when I heard that Kuraudia (a bridal company based in Japan) designed a line of Barbie inspired wedding gowns I just about died.

Now, I do have to say I am always in favor of the traditional white wedding dress for me. But I know somewhere out there a soon-to-be-bride will feel her heart beat faster and faster as she scrolls through the pictures, and THAT my girls is all that matters.
{Photos Courtesy of Kuraudia}











"Love it or hate it, Barbie has been embodying ideal feminitiy for forty years." ~ Carol Ockman

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.