Monday, August 16, 2010

28 years and counting


To start, I prefer even numbers. Odd numbers, to me are just that, odd. {Except for the number 9, it's my favorite. Probably because I was born on the 9th and to me it's just a pretty number.} So turning 28 from 27 made me feel a little more comfortable being me! :)

Your birthday is not just about your age, having a party, or blowing out candles, it's about the people you get to celebrate with. Birthdays are about the posts on your facebook page to your dad telling you all about the day you were born, and then the not-so-guilty feeling of being special that one day a year.

Birthdays are about gaining a greater significance to your life each year and a greater significance your life has on others around you.

I was blessed enough to celebrate with some of the closest people in my life. As an added bonus I was gifted some amazing things that confirmed just how well my loved ones know me! I had to share some of my favorites!

My beautiful, sweet, and incredibly smart {She was on her way to law school when she decided she wanted to do events!!} Event Assistant & Friend Kimberly gave me this wall mount. With a perfect quote written by Mrs. Sarah Jessica Parker. *So True*My bestie Kelli {who I swear is my twin and we were separated at birth} gave me these princess bracelets. YES, they are bracelets! Kelli is the founder of The Arizona Princess Program and at camp this summer each of our campers had tons of these on. I feel 16 again.
My Sister Sarah who makes me laugh no matter what kind of a day I am having gave me the cutest dish scrubber! It honestly makes me want to clean! Sarah, Brad says to thank you. *lol*Brad, my husband, gave me a Barbie. I have to say it is my favorite gift. So now she sits, or stands rather, on my desk. Oh Barbie, it's such a love hate relationship!
My beautiful Sister-in-Law, Janell, who is also the owner of Lucky Penny Designs, gave me the neatest gift. It is a true hour glass filled with pink sand. I LOVE it! She is so creative!!!
So what if I bought a little gift for myself. ;) I am sure every other person in the world has already read this and I am years behind!
Lindsey one of my very very very best friends gave me a little sparkle for my office. The best thing about a candle that smells like a cupcake is that there is not cupcake you have to keep yourself from eating!! Just like the girl that gave it to me it's truly perfect.Lastly, a little bling from Rosie because when you live in Arizona and find a scorpion in your house every other day all you can do is find a way to laugh about it! Rosie also had a baby a week ago and which gave me the gift of being a "friend aunt" as well! *smile*

Happy Birthday to my blog readers, no matter when it is, just make sure you celebrate!

The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet. -Robert Orben

1 comment:

Andie said...

I'm totally addicted to cupcakes as well... I have cupcake measuring spoons even! You know my favorite cupcake? The cupcake face mask from LUSH. It's Ah-mazing. I think you have a LUSH in your area, you should check it out... 0 calories and a fresh face. Yes please!