Friday, August 27, 2010

Meet Ashley Gain's Event Assisant

Scottsdale, one of the hardest places on earth to find a girl who is equally as beautiful and smart on the inside as she is beautiful on the outside. BUT...la..la...la...I found one. *lucky me*

She was off to law school this fall after graduating early from ASU, her time was spent on many different events at Phoenix Children's Hospital as a volunteer {where Ashley met her}, helping to raise money for sick children. A beautiful smile covers her face at all times, and she is dressed like a perfect doll from head to toe each and every day.

Let me introduce to you Kimberly, Ashley Gain's Event Assistant. At any of our events she is there, ready to work. No matter if it is 14 hrs since she last sat down or 8 hrs after she had anything to eat. And that's why she works for me.
My name is Kimberly and I get the pleasure of working with the fabulous Ashley Gain! Ashley and I officially met a little over a year ago when I joined her Miracles In Motion committee at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Once we met at Miracles in Motion we immediately clicked and I knew I had found a friend for life! Shortly after Miracles in Motion, Ashley decided to leave Phoenix Children’s to launch Ashley Gain in full force and I knew I just had to join her! I let Ashley know that whatever she needed I could help and now, fortunately, here I am!

Now, a little about myself! Writing/talking about myself is not amongst my top favorites things to do, but let’s see what I can come up with. ☺ I am 22 years old, ASU graduate (GO DEVILS!) and I am just starting to discover what I truly want in life, which of course, involves wedding and event planning. Along with working for Ashley, I work at American Cancer Society and I absolutely love it! I have three wonderful little doggies who I love more than life itself, especially my little one, Bella. While I’m not working events with Ashley, I am shopping, of course, or hanging out with my amazing friends and family!

From my experience working in weddings, the one piece of advice I would give a bride is to truly live in the moment. Don’t worry about anything else that day besides you and your fiancĂ©/ soon to be husband! That is what Ashley and I are there for, to take care of everything else!

After coordinating a wedding with Ashley, the first thing I do when I get home is kick of my shoes and soak my feet!! You don’t really think about it, but being on your feet literally all day long is not so fun! At the end of the night and a majority of the next day, my poor little feet just ache, but it is definitely worth it.

When I get married, oh boy, I am one of those girls that have been dreaming about that day since I was 5. I have gone through so many different ideas of what I want my wedding day theme to be, especially since I have been working with Ashley, that I don’t even know where to begin. As of right now, what I imagine my wedding theme to be like is a southern, outdoor yet shabby chic wedding. As for colors, right now I am obsessed with the Tiffany’s blue/turquoise color, but who knows what my colors or even my theme will be when my big day comes…let’s just work on the getting a boyfriend part first ! ;)

No comments: