Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Life In Between:: View From a Wedding Planner's iPhone

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs

Time, it goes by so fast doesn't it?

One day it's Monday the next thing you know it's Sunday.

One day you go from single to having a boyfriend, and then in a blink of an eye there you are zipping up your wedding dress to take that walk down the aisle.

As a child my Grandma would take me on trips from the beaches in California to New York city. We would find cool restaurants, see amazing plays, visit see-it-to-believe it destinations. Each place added to me as a person and helped me view the world as this vast space where the possibilities were endless.

Grandma would makes me stop, not allowed to say a word, look all around my surroundings and just take it in. As a child it was hard enough for me to sit still so I didn't quite understand what she was having me do.

Now when I think back to those moments they are the moments I remember. Those times I just stopped, focused on that moment and took in all the life around me, those are the moments I will remember forever.

To this day I try to do the same thing. Only now, I take out my iPhone and snap a picture, so I can go back and see it.

I want to share with you some of those moments over the past month, in a new Ashley Gain posting called The Life In Between.

While on a venue tour for a client at the W Hotel in Scottsdale these were the flowers that were sitting on bar. I loved how the florist used the colors of the rocks to enhance the colors of the flowers. It was so vibrant and lovely.
During The Royal Couple's visit to Los Angeles I was blessed to attend the BAFTA event and after party at the luxurious Hollywood hotel Chateau Marmont. During the event, although it was a split second, I got to shake Kate's hand and received a big beautiful smile from her. Full of grace and poise she carried herself like a true princess.
I am obsessed with Pintrest. I have seen SO many awesome pictures of fun girly manicures. SO I decided to try one. This is a first attempt with Sephora pink and gold glitter! Stay tuned for a much better looking second attempt!
There are days that I get hiccups like crazy. This day was no different. Jeff & Jon from Bright Bokeh and I made our way to The Hudson off Santa Monica in West Hollywood after a LONG day of shooting at our California destination. Jeff told me a secret on how to get the hiccups to go away. AND it WORKED!!! However, it means I have to make one not-so-cute face doing it. Well worth it.
A bed of rustic and chic succulents in our neighbors yard. This picture doesn't even fit half of them. I know a few brides that would love some this size for their wedding day!
My beautiful, sweet, fluffy, all heart dog Marlee. She was laying in my hubby's arms one day and just being her loving self. My dogs are my babies until I have babies.
One of the things that I love most about our wedding industry are the friends I make and get to work with. On a hot Scottsdale summer day I sat down to lunch with the amazing Rene of Bride and Groom Magazine and Sarah of Hagerty Photography at Olive & Ivy on the Scottsdale Waterfront.
One of the BEST things about spending some time in Los Angeles is the restaurants. Literally everywhere you go there is somewhere AMAZING to eat. My hubby took me on a brunch date to Tavern in Brentwood and more than just having amazing food the decor and set-up was amazing. This adorable bread display is my new inspiration for a 2012 Ashley Gain bride who is obsessed with cheese and bread! Maybe a similar display during cocktail hour?
Where would we be without our friends? Kim (on the left) and April (on the right) have been two of my VERY best friends for a very long time. April & I have been BBFs since Kindergarten and both of the girls were on cheer leading and pom squad at our Tucson high school together. We headed out to the W Hotel Scottsdale one night and took some fun goofy pictures. Just as if we were still 16. *smile*
During a weekend trip to Malibu Beach this seagull stared at me as I ate lunch on a deck above him. Literally, he just kept starring at me.
On a day date with my husband where Sunset Blvd meets PCH we stopped for a summer drink at Gladstones. Every moment I get to spend with him is precious to me. He snapped this picture as I was laughing with him about the story of our life together. He always makes me laugh

This is my life in between.
Thank you for letting me share with you!! XO

3 comments:

Gina Meola said...

Love this, Ash! ;) XOXO

Ashley Gain said...

Thanks Gina!! I'm not photographer but having an iPhone and a good editing app makes me feel so PhotoChic!!!! XO

Alexandra Evjen said...

I cannot believe that you got to shake Kate's hand! TOO AWESOME!